New Delhi: The Indian team maybe on a high right now after their stunning victory over Sri Lanka, but they expect a fair bit of chopping and changing at the ongoing selectors meeting to pick the team for the Asia Cup.
Here are some of the changes one can expect:
1. Sachin to play: Sachin Tendulkar is known to pick and choose his ODI tournaments. Despite the reports of him being rested, it is believed that Master Blaster is all set to board the plane to Bangaldesh. After all India will be playing old foes Pakistan during the Asia Cup.
2. Zaheer to go from ODIs? Tuesday's game against Sri Lanka was ample proof that Zaheer Khan isn't 100 percent fit, and with the selectors making it clear that he isn't part of their 2015 World Cup plan, expect the left arm pacer to be dropped.
3. Sehwag to be picked: Despite rumours that Virender Sehwag will be dropped from the ODI squad, it seems like the selectors have had a change of heart after India's win over Sri Lanka, and the nawab of Najafgarh is likely to keep his place in the ODI squad.
4. Raina to be retained: Same goes for Suresh Raina. Despite his poor show Down Under, his gutsy knock on Tuesday will hold him in good stead with the selectors.
5. Jadeja will be discussed: Ravinder Jadeja's name is likely to be discussed at length on Wednesday. If the axe does fall on him, expect Yusuf Pathan to make a comeback after missing most of 2011 due to injury.