Banned Rajasthan Royals bowler Siddharth Trivedi says he'll be back next year

Siddharth Trivedi is moderately upbeat and vows to come back a better bowler when the ban is lifted next year.

updated: September 14, 2013 23:17 IST
  • Total Shares

Siddharth Trivedi is one of the Rajasthan Royals cricketers slapped with a ban by the BCCI in connection with the IPL spot-fixing case. Speaking to Wisden India a day after the BCCI judgment, Trivedi sounded moderately upbeat and vowed to come back a better bowler when the ban is lifted next year. Excerpts:

Question. Tell us about the meeting with the BCCI Disciplinary Committee in Delhi.
Answer. They asked me some questions which I answered. I was sent a summons earlier, which said that I was guilty of not reporting an approach by a bookie. So they asked me about that and I said what I had to.

Is it true that you had failed to report an approach?
A. Yes, but it's not as simple as that. I will tell you the same thing that I told the BCCI. See, the scandal broke this year and both you and I saw the details on TV together. That's when we found out what was going on. The people who were involved, especially Ajit (Chandila), have been my teammates at Rajasthan Royals. He was playing for Royals, he was playing Ranji Trophy cricket. We didn't know what he was doing outside of that.

Last year, I was introduced to cousins and brothers and relatives of these cricketers and I met them. There was no question of reporting anything. They were caught this year and that's when we found out what they were doing.

Show Full Article