Karachi:The Lahore High Court's verdict on Pakistan pacer Shoaib Akhtar's writ petition, challenging the 18-month ban and a Rs seven million fine imposed on him for indiscipline, is expected soon as regular hearings have started in the matter.
Pakistan Cricket Board's legal counsel Tafazzul Rizvi said the court was holding regular hearings in the case and he didn't expect the verdict to take very long.
"I think in the next two or three hearings we should have a decision from the court," Rizvi said after attending a hearing on Wednesday.
Shoaib was omitted on Wednesday from Pakistan's ODI squad for Sri Lanka and the preliminary squad for the ICC Champions Trophy completing a miserable last two years for the fast bowler who has played just a handful of matches in this period due to disciplinary and fitness issues.
Rizvi said Shoaib's counsel Abid Hasan Manto began his arguments before the judge and he would file a statement accordingly.
The ban and the fine was imposed on Shoaib by an appellate tribunal of the board last year in June.
The tribunal had reduced the five-year ban announced on Shoaib by the PCB's disciplinary committee for various violations of the players code of conduct.
After admitting the writ last September, the court suspended the 18-month ban on Shoaib from playing any cricket.