Karachi:Pakistan Cricket Board has accepted captain Mohammad Yousuf's request to send senior batsman Misbah-ul-Haq to New Zealand before the second Test to strengthen the squad, according to sources.
PCB had last week shot down Yousuf's request to send Misbah to New Zealand before the first Test in Dunedin which began on Tuesday.
But, sources now said board chairman Ejaz Butt and chief selector Iqbal Qasim have given the nod for Misbah to fly to New Zealand after the batting collapse by the team in the first Test.
"They are keeping the announcement under wraps for the moment but indications are that Misbah would fly to New Zealand in next two-three days before the second Test starts in Wellington on December 2," one source said.
When contacted, Butt confirmed the proposal to send Misbah to New Zealand but insisted nothing was final as yet.
"Yes, such a proposal has been discussed but the chief selector has not sent me any note on this issue. So unless a request comes from him what decision can I take," Butt said.
Qasim said the selectors would take a decision on sending Misbah after watching how the team performs in the first Test.
"We have not ruled him out as a replacement for Younus Khan but we have not taken a final decision," he said.
Pakistan's top-order batting collapsed in the first Test with the Akmal brothers, Kamran and Umar rescuing the side with a solid sixth wicket stand.