New Delhi:Australian captain of the Rajasthan Royals Shane Warne has tweeted that he shall be "happy to travel to India now that the threats have been removed", for the Indian Premier League Season 3.
Reports earlier on Thursday quoted Warne as saying that he was "thinking twice" about playing in this year's tournament after fresh security worries surfaced ahead of the IPL.
The Hong Kong-based Asia Times Online website said this week that it had received a warning from the Al-Qaeda-linked, Kashmir-based militant Ilyas Kashmiri that sports events in India would be attacked.
Warne was quoted by the Daily Telegraph as saying, "The threats of the past 24 hours have certainly got me thinking twice and is of deep concern to athletes across a number of sports...If the threats are proven to be real, then organisers of the IPL may look at moving the tournament...We moved it last year at short notice and it can be done and there is no way organisers will risk the safety of players and officials."
While Warne's latest post on the social networking site Twitter sought to clear the air with, "hello everyone ... want to clear up my comments regarding India... I am happy to travel to India now that the threats have been removed...", IPL commissioner Lalit Modi said he had spoken to Warne and that "Media misquoted him on security issue."
Modi also tweeted that he had spoken to prized IPL players Kevin Pietersen of England and Australians Adam Gilchrist and Bret Lee and that all of them were looking forward to the tournament. "Security is always our top most priority. All our actions over the years have demonstrated that. We are around the clock working with all," Modi tweeted.