Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket has admitted that India's decision to withdraw its players from the Sri Lanka Premier League effectively pulled the plug on the tournament.
"Honestly, we are finding it difficult to have the Premier League without India's support," SLC spokesman Brian Thomas told cricket365.com. "We can't get into more debt."
Thomas' confirmation came after two South African players linked to the tournament - Herschelle Gibbs and Davy Jacobs - told ESPNcricinfo that they had been informed of the one-year deferral. On Friday, the agent for Lonwabo Tsotosbe said he'd received similar information from Somerset Entertainment Ventures, the league's organisers.