Mumbai: All the players who were contracted with the Deccan Chargers, whose IPL contract has been terminated by the Cricket Board, will be available for picking by Sun TV Network which on Thursday won the Hyderabad franchise for Rs 85.05 crore per year, said BCCI president N Srinivasan.
"All the players of Deccan Chargers are available to the new franchise. I think they have signed agreements and the new franchise will have time till October 31st to decide who they want to retain, but all the Deccan Chargers players are now with Sun Group," Srinivasan told reporters after the opening of the bids by the IPL Governing Council here.
"The franchise now has a choice to retain whoever they want and decide by October 31st. As far as the player their interest is completely protected and they have also been paid for the last year," the Board chief said.