Don't hound my son Arjun, Sachin Tendulkar tells media

Arjun Tendulkar slammed the first century of his blooming career in the Mumbai Cricket Association's Under-14 selection trials in May last year. However, his lack of form this year in the selection trials and other tournaments cost him a place in the Under-14 probables list in July.

updated: September 08, 2013 20:38 IST
  • Total Shares

Mumbai: Playing the role of a protective father, senior India batsman Sachin Tendulkar today asked the media to leave his "cricket mad" son Arjun alone and allow him to play the game without any pressure.

Tendulkar, who was felicitated by the Sports Journalists' Association of Mumbai here for scoring 100 international centuries, said that he wanted his 14-year-old son to have his own identity and not be compared with him. (Read: Arjun Tendulkar out of favour with selectors)

"My son has played a match today. First club match, an official match. He is passionate, he is madly in love with cricket. But the other things that go around the cricketer and not just the on-field activity but whatever he gets to hear or gets to read or the way it gets projected, I would appreciate if everyone allows him to be himself and to have his own identity and enjoy his cricket above all," Tendulkar said.

Show Full Article
  • Cricket