The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) said Thursday it is determined to follow through with its move to seek compensation from the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) for the aborted One-Day International (ODI) and three-match Test series last month.
The BCCI has demanded $41.97 million for damages and secretary Sanjay Patel said that once the board was through sorting the remaining losses, it would make a fresh claim.
"We have sent a demand letter to the WICB claiming damages to the tune of Rs.258 crore ($41.97). And we are in the process of ascertaining other damages incurred by our hosting centres, after which we will present a final claim amount. It is a matter of consideration for the WICB to decide as to how they will cover our damages," Patel said. (Bravo-Samuels Spar Over Pullout)