Sydney:Cricket Australia (CA) has invited Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Nasim Ashraf to Melbourne to discuss dates for Australia's new tour after its postponement last week following bomb blasts.
"Ashraf and I have taken the opportunity to catch up during the current ICC board meeting in Dubai and we have had a preliminary look at the dates which might be suitable to reschedule the matches," CA chairman Creagh O'Connor said.
"I have assured PCB that Australia is committed to finding new dates, and we are committed to the ICC principle that cricket will only develop as a genuine global sport if all nations play each other away and at home on a regular basis," he said, speaking from Dubai.
Australia put off a Pakistan tour March 11 after devastating bomb explosions in Lahore.
The CA chief further said he is expected to talk to Ashraf to sort out the technical aspects of ICC's Future Tour Programme (FTP).
"It is clear from our initial discussion in Dubai that we need to sit down and go through the technical issues on finding new dates with a fine toothcomb.
"I have suggested we meet in Melbourne as soon as possible. We will organise dates once the current ICC meetings are finalised," O'Connor said.
Ashraf is also expected to meet security advisors and Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) officials of the Australian government to get a better understanding of CA's reasons of postponing the tour.
The ICC's FTP is complex and any changes require extensive consultation with other member boards with which Australia and Pakistan have existing commitments.