Kanpur:Following are the statistical highlights of the third and final India vs South Africa cricket Test here on Sunday.
- Harbhajan Singh, with 19 wickets at an average of 26.10, has established an Indian bowling record for most wickets in a Test series against South Africa. Three Indian bowlers previously shared the said record with 18 wickets each - Anil Kumble in 1992-93; Javagal Srinath in 1996-97 and Sreesanth in 2006-07.
- Harbhajan's match figure of 7-96 is the best by an Indian bowler against South Africa at Green Park, beating Srinath's figures of 6-80 in 1996-97.
- Virender Sehwag (3/12 off 8.5 overs) registered his career-best bowling figures in an innings, bettering his 3 for 33 against West Indies at Gros Islet in 2006.
- A B de Villiers (304) became the third South African to make 300 runs in the rubber after McKenzie (341) and Amla (307).
- Rahul Dravid, with Paul Harris' catch, took his 172nd in Tests, overtaking New Zealand's Stephen Fleming's tally of 171 catches. He has thus moved into the second position behind Australia's Mark Waugh, who holds the world record for having taken 181.
- Sehwag, with 372 runs (ave.74.40) and 6 wickets (ave.20.33), became the first Indian all-rounder to make 300 runs and claim 6 wickets in a Test series against South Africa.
- Harbhajan has been adjudged the Man of the series for the third time in his career.
- M S Dhoni became the eighth Indian captain to have recorded a Test triumph in his first ever Test as captain, joining Polly Umrigar, Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri, Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag and Anil Kumble.
- India recorded their second Test victory against South Africa at Green Park. They had won the 1996-97 Test by 280 runs.
- India's win by eight wickets is their fifth in 22 Tests against South Africa. With the win, India equalled their previous biggest win in terms of wickets against South Africa. They had won the 2004-05 Kolkata Test against South Africa by a similar margin.
- South Africa's 121 is their lowest innings total at Green Park, eclipsing their 177 in 1996-97.
- South Africa's 121 total is their third lowest against India, next only to their 84 at Johannesburg in 2006-07 and 105 at Ahmedabad in 1996-97.
- S Sreesanth and Ishant Sharma were associated in a partnership of 46, an Indian record for the tenth wicket at Kanpur's Green Park, bettering the 45 between Dilip Doshi and Karsan Ghavri against Pakistan in 1979-80.
- S Sreesanth (29) posted his highest against South Africa, bettering his 28 at Kingsmead, Durban in December 2006.
- Sreesanth, with his aforesaid knock, has emulated his previous best in India. He had posted an unbeaten 29 against England at Mumbai in 2006.
- Paul Harris (3/101) produced his best figures in India, bettering his 3 for 203 at Chennai last month.
- Neil McKenzie's wicket was Sreesanth's 50th in Tests.