Melbourne:A day after the cricket board in Melbourne gave the all-clear for the India tour, Australia skipper Ricky Ponting on Wednesday said nothing was set in stone and the decision could change depending on the security situation.
"Anything could happen tomorrow, things change very quickly in the world right at the moment," Ponting told reporters in Canberra.
"Cricket Australia will continue to be in touch and the government will continue to be in touch and Cricket Australia will keep us players and the players association in the loop on a daily, if not hourly basis," he added.
CA had declared on Tuesday that the tour would go ahead as scheduled despite Saturday's serial blasts in New Delhi.
Ponting said no player has so far expressed any apprehension about touring India but the final call on the matter will come down to what the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's assessment of the situation.
"As a group we haven't been together. I'm not sure if Cricket Australia have fielded any calls from individual players or families but that wouldn't be unusual if that was the case," he said.
Meanwhile, CA General manager Michael Brown rubbished Pakistan Cricket Board's allegations that Australia's decision to tour India after cancelling a tour to Pakistan following similar blasts smacked of double standards.
"The only reasons we can't play and participate is for security reasons and we'll keep monitoring those as time goes by," Brown said.