No change in Test venues for Aus series: Shukla

Saturday's bomb blast in Delhi has not forced either the BCCI or its Australian counterpart to take a fresh look at the four Test venues.

updated: September 28, 2008 15:27 IST
  • Total Shares

New Delhi:

Saturday's bomb blast here has not forced either the Indian cricket board or its Australian counterpart to take a fresh look at the four Test venues and the tour will ago ahead as scheduled.

"The Australians have not raised with the Indian board the issue of security or sought any changes in the tour itinerary," Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) spokesman Rajeev Shukla said.

About the Home ministry's advisory on Sunday to all the states and union territories to tighten security, Shukla said he would be meeting the union Home secretary on Tuesday to discuss the matter and provide board's inputs in making security fool-proof at all the four Test venues, three of which had been targets of terror attacks in recent months.

"To be fair to Cricket Australia or the team management, now in Jaipur, they did not complain or sought any assurance from the board on the security steps in place. Still, the security can be beefed up to their satisfactory level, but no venues will be changed," said Shukla.

Two of the venues, Bangalore and Delhi, have been the targets of bomb blasts.