London:England has confirmed Mohali as the venue for the second Test on its disrupted tour of India.
The England and Wales Cricket Board said on Wednesday that its security adviser, Reg Dickason, had approved the safety credentials of the north Indian city and the match can go ahead as scheduled on Dec. 19.
The England squad returned to India this week following a break due to the terrorist attacks in Mumbai and will play the first Test in Chennai from Thursday.
High-ranking Indian cricket officials had backed Mohali on Tuesday amid speculation that the match could be shifted again due to security concerns.
"We have nothing but praise for the efforts of everyone at Mohali," ECB managing director Hugh Morris said. "They have received our recommendations and really embraced all of the ECB requests."
The two Tests were originally scheduled for Ahmedabad and Mumbai but were switched to Chennai and Mohali after the attacks in Mumbai that killed at least 171 people late last month.
England was rumored to be concerned about Mohali as a venue because of its proximity to the Pakistan border and a lack of direct flights to London.