Islamabad:Pakistan has taken the International Cricket Council to court, filing a case on Wednesday against the ICC's attempt to move the headquarters of the 2011 World Cup to India.
The move was the latest in Pakistan's efforts to retain the 2011 event despite being stripped of it on security grounds by the ICC.
Last month, the ICC's board shifted the central secretariat for the World Cup from Lahore to India's financial hub Mumbai.
"The (ICC) board has no authority to move the secretariat and that's why we have filed the case," PCB's legal adviser Tafazzul Rizvi told the AP.
Civil judge Mohammad Younis Anis sent notices to the ICC, IDI _ a commercial arm of the ICC _ and the central organizing committee to respond to the PCB's suit by May 18.
"The judge has recorded our preliminary statement and now let's see how the three parties respond to the notices," Rizvi said.
Last week the PCB sent a legal notice to the ICC saying its removal as a World Cup host was in contravention of the ICC Articles of Association, and on Tuesday requested the ICC's Dispute Resolution Committee refer the issue to the Court of Arbitration for Sports in Britain.
Pakistan's co-hosting status effectively ended when gunmen attacked the Sri Lanka team bus in Lahore on March 3. Six police officers and a driver were killed and seven members of Sri Lanka's touring party were injured in the attack.
However, PCB chairman Ijaz Butt has claimed the World Cup wasn't on the official agenda of last month's ICC board meeting, when Pakistan was removed, and said no proper security assessment of his country or the other co-hosts was undertaken.
India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka were all retained as co-hosts for the 2011 event.