Islamabad:Batsman Mohammad Yousuf and all-rounder Abdul Razzaq have resigned from the unauthorized Indian Cricket League to become eligible for Pakistan team selection, a Pakistan Cricket Board official said on Friday.
"Both players have resigned from ICL and their resignations have been accepted," Wasim Bari, a PCB director, said.
"Now it's up to the (Pakistan) selection committee whether they consider these players for the forthcoming international matches."
Last month the International Cricket Council rejected an ICL application for official recognition at its board meeting in Dubai, but left it up to the individual cricket boards to decide what penalties to impose on players who decide to return to officially sanctioned cricket.
Consequently the PCB offered amnesty to players who resign from the ICL before May 31 and said it would deal with them on a "case to case basis."
Both Yousuf and Razzaq will miss the Twenty20 World Cup in England starting on June 5, but could return for the three tests and five-match ODI series against Sri Lanka in July.
Yousuf, 34, last played a one-day international against Bangladesh in the Asia Cup in Karachi last July before he was banned for his participation in the ICL.
The 29-year-old Razzaq last represented Pakistan in an ODI against Sri Lanka in 2007 before he too was barred from playing international cricket by the PCB.