Sydney:Wayward Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds was not included in the Queensland squad for the 2009-10 Australian season when it was announced by Queensland Cricket on Thursday.
Symonds, 34, was sent home from the World Twenty20 in England earlier this month after the latest in a series of alcohol-related indiscretions.
Cricket Australia subsequently withdrew its contract offer to Symonds and said it hoped he would continue to play domestic cricket with Queensland.
Symonds, whose management said he is deciding on his future plans after also fielding interest from England and South Africa, previously advised Queensland Cricket not to include him on their contract list for next season.
He was a success in the Indian Premier League, helping the Deccan Chargers to the Twenty20 title in South Africa last month and has another year left on his Deccan contract.
"Andrew has been upfront with us and made a very selfless gesture by advising us not to contract him," QC chief executive Graham Dixon said earlier this month.
"He knows the door is open here and we look forward to catching up with him when he's ready to have a chat about what his plans might be."