World Cup 2014: FIFA Probing Luis Suarez Bite Furore, Lengthy Ban Seen

After the controversial biting incident in World Cup 2014, FIFA said Luis Suarez and the Uruguayan soccer association had until 1:30 am IST on Thursday to "provide their position and any documentary evidence they deem relevant".

updated: June 25, 2014 13:35 IST
  • Total Shares
Uruguay's Luis Suarez reacts after clashing with Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during their 2014 World Cup Group D soccer match at the Dunas arena in Natal June 24, 2014

© Reuters

Natal, Brazil: Troubled Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez looks almost certain to miss the rest of the World Cup after FIFA opened disciplinary proceedings against him following an evening of accusations he bit an Italian defender.

(Uruguay Through to Last 16)

A furious Giorgio Chiellini said he had been bitten by Suarez during the South Americans' 1-0 Group D victory at the World Cup on Tuesday, and Reuters photographs showed what appeared to be bite marks on his shoulder.

Show Full Article