Buenos Aires: Juan Roman Riquelme has been left out of the Boca Juniors squad for Saturday's match against All Boys, raising questions about the future of the talented but temperamental 32-year-old midfielder.
Riquelme missed last weekend's 1-0 victory over Racing with an injured right ankle. He said earlier in the week he had recovered and was ready to play at Boca's famous La Bombonera stadium.
New Boca coach Julio Cesar Falcioni, who took over the club two months ago, has a strained relationship with Riquelme. Falcioni said he would not include the former Barcelona player among the starters or substitutes for the match.