Antonio Conte rubbishes Didier Drogba signing talks

Asked if Didier Drogba would fit Juve's search for a top striker, Antonio Conte was unequivocal. "Transfer talk seems disrespectful to the players in my team, especially at the current moment," said Conte, who returned to the touchline last week following a four-month ban from the sport for his role in a match-fixing affair.

updated: December 17, 2012 00:02 IST
  • Total Shares

Milan: Juventus coach Antonio Conte has rubbished claims the Serie A champions are on the verge of signing former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba.

Juve extended their lead over title challengers Inter Milan to seven points on Sunday thanks to a 3-0 rout of Atalanta.

But despite reports claiming the Bianconeri have been in talks with Drogba's representatives, Conte said Juventus - and indeed other major clubs in Italy - are in no financial position to sign top players.

Show Full Article
  • Lazio
  • Napoli
  • Juventus
  • Juventus Stadium
  • Chievo
  • AC Milan
  • Catania
  • Genoa
  • Chelsea
  • Atalanta
  • Fiorentina
  • Italy
  • Football
  • Didier Drogba