Belo Horizonte, Brazil: Brazilian football club Atletico Mineiro said they have ended their pursuit of former France international Nicolas Anelka.
Atletico last week announced the 35-year-old had agreed to join the club after his sacking in March by West Bromwich Albion for an alleged anti-Semitic gesture. But in a dramatic about-turn, Atletico ruled out the move after learning Anelka was on a religious visit to Kuwait, reports Xinhua.
"We haven't been able to speak with him at any time. We have only been able to speak with a middle man and an agent," Atletico's football director Eduardo Maluf said on Tuesday.