Luis Suarez Admits Seeking Help After Third Biting Incident

Luis Suarez admitted that he had sought professional help after his third biting incident when he bit Italy's Giorgio Cheillini during the FIFA World Cup 2014.

updated: August 19, 2014 19:52 IST
  • Total Shares
Luis Suarez Barcelona
Luis Suarez made his Barcelona debut in a friendly match.


Barcelona striker Luis Suarez said he has received professional help after receiving a four-month ban for biting an opponent for the third time in his career when he clashed with Italy's Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.

Suarez made his debut for the Catalans in a 6-0 friendly win over Mexican side Club Leon on Monday, but will not be able to play a competitive game for Barca until late October after his appeal against the ban was thrown out by the Court of Arbitration for Sport last week.

"The suspension is what it is and I have to accept it, it is a personal matter but I have worked with the adequate professionals," the Uruguayan said at his first press conference as a Barca player on Tuesday.

Show Full Article