New Delhi:- Legendary soccer player Diego Maradona could not have chosen a better place than Kolkata to make his first appearance in India as the 'Joy of City' is famous for its love for the game of football.
- His maiden visit has apparently cost the organisers (Celebrity Management Group) a whopping sum of Rs 13 crore out of which Rs 8.5 crore has been paid in advance.
- However, the organisers have fallen short of remaining Rs 4 crore and have seek aid from the state government, who have agreed to contribute Rs 2 crore.
- He's here to lay the foundation stone of the Maheshtala-located Indian Football School near Kolkata.
- He will then be a guest at an exhibition match. Bhaichung Bhutia and Dulal Biswas will lead two teams in an exhibition match at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan (YBK) in Salt Lake Stadium.
- At the YBK, a grand felicitation awaits Maradona.
- Later in the day, the Argentina coach will meet former West Bengal chief minister Jyoti Basu. Maradona, who is known to be a supporter of Communism and is very close to Fidel Castro, agreed to meet Basu after his photograph with Castro was sent to him.