Shanghai: Nico Hulkenberg on Thursday denied reports that Formula One drivers were threatening to go on strike over unpaid salaries, but he called for quick action to resolve the problem. Hulkenberg said it was "not good for the sport" that drivers were kept waiting for their wages and said discussions were underway to find a solution.
Germany's Sport Bild magazine claimed this week that several drivers for smaller teams, including Hulkenberg, who drove for Sauber last year, were still owed unpaid wages dating back to 2013. (Related: Force India aim to repeat podium show in Chinese GP)
It reported that the drivers' union, the Grand Prix Drivers' Association, had signed a document vowing to strike if the situation continued.