London:Top British hope Andy Murray has said he will be fully fit in time for Wimbledon despite injuring a thumb in a fall at Queens last week.
The Scot was forced to withdraw from his quarter-final tie against Andy Roddick due to the injury and has not played since.
But with Wimbledon starting next Monday, Murray set aside the fears that he could miss the tournament for the second straight year having pulled out last year with a wrist injury.
"The thumb is fine. I was right not to play on and I will be OK for Wimbledon," Murray told The BBC.
The Scot will return to action in an exhibition match on Tuesday taking on tough Serb Janko Tipsarevic.
"I'm hoping that I get a good week's preparation and see what happens," he added.
Murray struggled to keep his feet during the third-round win over Ernests Gulbis at Queen's and sustained thumb, groin and neck injuries after continually slipping over.
His right thumb was so badly strained he could not sign autographs after the match or take the top off a bottle of water.
But after spending a few days recuperating he insists he has regained fitness.
The 21-year-old is Britain's only real hope following the retirements of Tim Henman and Greg Rusedski and he denied that the added pressure was weighing heavily on his shoulders.
"If you don't have a life outside of tennis it can become a bit hard but I try to do something with my friends on a day off," he said.
"It is important to block everything out when you are on the court and remain focused on what you are actually trying to do.
"The pressure has not been too bad this year. Last year I was asked about my wrist every single day. That wasn't too nice but this year has been fine."